Insight

Cyber attack brings SPAR to a halt

7 May 2024
Insight

Cyber attack brings SPAR to a halt

With the recent news on SPAR being brought to a standstill following a ransomware attack on its head office, it once again raises the question – is your business covered for such an incident?

With approx 300 stores closed for 3 days now the business must be stretched in many ways, loss of income, customer disappointment, systems and processes in turmoil to name a few.

4 in 10 businesses (39%) reported having a cyber security breach in the last 12 months, according to Gov.UK’s Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2021.

The survey also found that 40% of businesses reported being insured against cyber risk in some way, leaving 60% not covered.