Be prepared for winter weather
Although most people dream of a white Christmas, it can be a nightmare for some homeowners!
So we want to take this opportunity to share our useful hints and tips with you so that you can avoid any nasty surprises this winter.
Avoiding burst water pipes
– Ensure pipes are well insulated
– Don’t turn off your heating if you are going away
– Keep house temperature stable
– Service your boiler regularly
– Allow warm air to enter the loft
– Know where the stop tap is – just in case!
– Identify if your home may be at risk by checking on The Environment Agency website
– If it is at risk, sign up for the flood warning emails
– Be prepared – for example: make sure you know where your power shut-off point is,
have a supply of sandbags ready, cover low ventilation bricks
Keep one step ahead of the weather
– Sign up for weather warnings
– Receive updates from the Met Office by signing up here
– Receive updates on flood threats here